Thursday, May 28, 2015

Week 2 and some side notes

Monday:

Rachel and I got in from Barcelona after both sleeping through our early 7am flight and though we both planned on going back to the apartment to take a nap instead I went to the beach.
 Nicole and I went to the small beach across the Arno river to soak up some vitamin D and relax... I probably fell asleep at least twice and burnt my shoulders slightly but now they're a nice tan color.
Overall the day was pretty relaxing and we didn't do much but after a crazy busy weekend in Barcelona, it was exactly what I needed.

Tuesday:

We ate cheese with flower infused honey today; it was weird and I still don't know how I feel about it.

After class, my roommates Nicole and Miranda and I headed over to Pitti Palace and The Bobolli Gardens for a day trip before the rain was supposed to hit later in the afternoon
The palace I could have done without, because there were a lot of little trinkets and nothing was being explained to me we were just walking through so I didn't find it all that interesting BUT the gardens were GORGEOUS and we all had a blast imitating the statues that are all over the place.



It was a long and exhausting day, and I'm pretty sure we walked over 15,000 steps just inside the gardens, but the view was 100% worth it.


That night all three of us plus Rachel and another girl I met recently, Christina, went out to have margherita pizza at this place called Gusta Pizza that is supposed to be amazing and its only 5 Euro for your own personal pizza (which in Italy is basically your own medium sized pizza)

It was delicious! and super cheap! (honestly, everything a college student could ever want or need)

We even got to write our names on our ticket and stick it under the glass on the restaurant's table


Wednesday:

For some reason, I still haven't figured out why but I'm not complaining, we didn't have class today. I actually got to sleep in (till like 10 which is still pretty early for me) it was amazing!

The weather was kind of unfortunate today so Nicole and I stayed inside watched movies and planned the rest of our weekend (she's heading to Venice on Friday with Rachel while I go on a class field trip to Montepulciano and Pienza and on Saturday Rachel, Nicole and I are all heading to Cinque Terre for a day trip through bus2alps)

Plus! Rachel made us dinner which was wonderful :) 

Thursday:

Today during class I got free gelato (pistachio and chocolate) so as sad as it sounds that was definitely a highlight of my day and then later after heading to Mercato Centrale to pick up fruit and sandwiches for lunch Nicole and I headed to the beach to meet up with 4 other girls from Central Michigan University and build up a tan.

I was the perfect beach day, not too hot, not a cloud in the sky and a light breeze, it was wonderful.

Tonight we (Rachel, Nicole and I) thought we were going to Gonzo for another fabulous six- course meal but the way they have you sign up is through email and they never responded to our email so that fell through. We were disappointed but decided to go to Hard Rock Cafe instead. I know that's lame I'm in Italy why am I going to a Hard Rock Cafe? 
BUT as much as I never ever thought I would say it I'm starting to get sick of pasta and I really wanted some good old fatty American food, like a burger or something.

It was ridiculously overpriced but totally worth it, yum yum!

______________

This week may have been a relatively relaxing week so far but it's about to get much busier!

Tomorrow I am going on a class field trip to Montepulciano and Pienza so look out for an upcoming post about cheese and architecture (oh joy!) and Saturday I'll be in Cinque Terre hiking through the five beautiful coastal towns, collecting beach glass and HOPEFULLY cliff jumping (it's on my Italy bucket list) so look out for a post about that as well :)

Ciao!

______________

SIDE NOTE: So do you remember that creepy bouncer guy from the bar that my roommate Nicole and I went to to meet up with her CMU suitemate Kate? 
Funny story, apparently Kate went back there roughly a day or two later and he gave her his number to give to me... 
According to Kate apparently "he's in love" 


I find the whole thing utterly hilarious and I'll definitely be avoiding the Atlantic forever and always.





No comments:

Post a Comment