Thursday, June 4, 2015

#PeaceOutPisa and the rest of the week

On Monday my roommates Nicole, Miranda and our friend Christina and I all took a day trip to Pisa to see the leaning tower. We got train tickets for 16 Euro and I honestly think this was the first time I have wasted money since I got to Italy.


It was great to go to Pisa and take the infamous leaning tower picture but the tower itself is rather unimpressive. It's actually not really that tall and its randomly in a the middle of a courtyard next to Pisa's church and that's basically all of Pisa. 

There is a church, the tower, some touristy shops and that's it. The town is not very clean and is infamous for pickpockets, you can pretty much see all of Pisa in an hour.

All and all i'm glad I took the day to go do something but I don't recommend Pisa to other travelers!

On the plus side once we got back to Florence (home sweet home!) I found a flower shop with my name :) you wish you were cool enough to have your own flower shop!



____________________

The rest of the week was pretty relaxing, on Sunday Nicole and I randomly stumbled across a Fiat parade and a flea market and then went to the beach and then on Wednesday Nicole and I found a local community pool that's about a 40 minute walk from our apartment so we ventured out after class and swam in the pool for a few hours. The beach here backs up to the Arno River which is not swimmable so we were both eager to get in the water and swim.

Plus we met a guy who went to University of Michigan at the pool, how random I know! He saw my Saline Stingrays Swim Team beach towel and asked if I was from Saline, Michigan. Small world right?

____________________

Tonight Nicole and I head to Rome for our huge weekend class trip to Rome, Naples, Sorrento, Capri and Pompeii. I can't wait to sleep in a comfy bed (yay were staying in a hotel!) and explore Rome and part of the Amalfi Coast. Hopefully I get to chairlift over Capri and explore the Blue Grotto. I'll post all about it when I get back :)


No comments:

Post a Comment